1979 - 1983 Buick V6, 3.8 L, 231 CID Rebuilt Engine
To read more about Car Engines Store, please visit our Information page.Buick Engine Quality Most rebuilt Buick engines are just that, rebuilt. Our Buick remanufacturing line builds to IMPROVE not just REPLACE! All parts in our high quality Buick performance engines (long blocks, short blocks, big blocks & small blocks) meet or exceed all the Buick original specifications, and most of the time are purchased from the same suppliers who supply Buick! All the moving parts in our Buick remanufactured engine are NEW. Be cautious of other engine remanufactures using used, broken, re-machined or returned parts! Due to our precise re-manufacturing standard, the Buick Engine line has achieved one of the lowest breakdown rates in the world - Below 1.5% breakdown rate We keep a large inventory of Buick remanufactured engine blocks mostly for passenger cars, light trucks, pickups and some marine applications. Most of our Buick engine supply is ready for instant freight. Buick Engine Description
ALL OUR Buick REMANUFACTURED LONG BLOCKS MEET OR EXCEED Buick SPECIFICATIONS!
- Our entire Buick long blocks (small or big blocks) come with cylinder heads and valve train installed. Note, you have to reuse the existing valve cover(s), timing cover, intake manifold and oil pan from your original Buick car, truck or SUV.
- The Buick long blocks have NEW valves, valve springs, valve keepers, push rods, rocker arms, fulcrums, lifters, camshaft, timing chain (belt), timing gears, valve guides (diamond honed), three angle seats, cam, rod and main bearings, pistons, piston rings, rod bushings when applicable, gaskets and oil pump.
- The Buick cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, crankshafts and connecting rods are cleaned and shot peened and magnafluxed for cracks. All the Buick motor bolt holes are tapped.
- The Buick Cylinder blocks are bored to each piston and diamond honed to 18RMS finish. All oil galleys are hand brushed with white cleaning brushes and cylinders are hand cleaned with cleaning solution and white towels.
- Your Buick cylinder heads have each valve guide diamond honed, seats are three angle. Following assembly, your Buick motor heads are vacuum checked for valve seating.
- This Buick crankshafts are ground and polished to 12RMS. Each oil galley is hand brushed with a white cleaning brush.
- All connecting rods on the Buick block are honed.
* Price as of 04/15/2015. Actual prices may vary.