1988 Mercury V6, 3.8 L, 232 CID Rebuilt Engine
To read more about Car Engines Store, please visit our Information page.Mercury Engine Quality Most rebuilt Mercury engines are just that, rebuilt. Our Mercury remanufacturing line builds to IMPROVE not just REPLACE! All parts in our high quality Mercury performance engines (long blocks, short blocks, big blocks & small blocks) meet or exceed all the Mercury original specifications, and most of the time are purchased from the same suppliers who supply Mercury! All the moving parts in our Mercury remanufactured engine are NEW. Be cautious of other engine remanufactures using used, broken, re-machined or returned parts! Due to our precise re-manufacturing standard, the Mercury Engine line has achieved one of the lowest breakdown rates in the world - Below 1.5% breakdown rate We keep a large inventory of Mercury remanufactured engine blocks mostly for passenger cars, light trucks, pickups and some marine applications. Most of our Mercury engine supply is ready for instant freight. Mercury Engine Description
ALL OUR Mercury REMANUFACTURED LONG BLOCKS MEET OR EXCEED Mercury SPECIFICATIONS!
- Our entire Mercury long blocks (small or big blocks) come with cylinder heads and valve train installed. Note, you have to reuse the existing valve cover(s), timing cover, intake manifold and oil pan from your original Mercury car, truck or SUV.
- The Mercury long blocks have NEW valves, valve springs, valve keepers, push rods, rocker arms, fulcrums, lifters, camshaft, timing chain (belt), timing gears, valve guides (diamond honed), three angle seats, cam, rod and main bearings, pistons, piston rings, rod bushings when applicable, gaskets and oil pump.
- The Mercury cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, crankshafts and connecting rods are cleaned and shot peened and magnafluxed for cracks. All the Mercury motor bolt holes are tapped.
- The Mercury Cylinder blocks are bored to each piston and diamond honed to 18RMS finish. All oil galleys are hand brushed with white cleaning brushes and cylinders are hand cleaned with cleaning solution and white towels.
- Your Mercury cylinder heads have each valve guide diamond honed, seats are three angle. Following assembly, your Mercury motor heads are vacuum checked for valve seating.
- This Mercury crankshafts are ground and polished to 12RMS. Each oil galley is hand brushed with a white cleaning brush.
- All connecting rods on the Mercury block are honed.
* Price as of 04/15/2015. Actual prices may vary.