1979 Pontiac V8, 5.7 L, 350 CID Rebuilt Engine
To read more about Car Engines Store, please visit our Information page.
Pontiac Engine Quality
Most rebuilt Pontiac engines are just that, rebuilt. Our Pontiac remanufacturing line builds to IMPROVE not just REPLACE! All parts in our high quality Pontiac performance engines (long blocks, short blocks, big blocks & small blocks) meet or exceed all the Pontiac original specifications, and most of the time are purchased from the same suppliers who supply Pontiac!
All the moving parts in our Pontiac remanufactured engine are NEW. Be cautious of other engine remanufactures using used, broken, re-machined or returned parts!
Due to our precise re-manufacturing standard, the Pontiac Engine line has achieved one of the lowest breakdown rates in the world - Below 1.5% breakdown rate
We keep a large inventory of Pontiac remanufactured engine blocks mostly for passenger cars, light trucks, pickups and some marine applications. Most of our Pontiac engine supply is ready for instant freight.
Pontiac Engine Description|
ALL OUR Pontiac REMANUFACTURED LONG BLOCKS MEET OR EXCEED Pontiac SPECIFICATIONS!
- Our entire Pontiac long blocks (small or big blocks) come with cylinder heads and valve train installed. Note, you have to reuse the existing valve cover(s), timing cover, intake manifold and oil pan from your original Pontiac car, truck or SUV.
- The Pontiac long blocks have NEW valves, valve springs, valve keepers, push rods, rocker arms, fulcrums, lifters, camshaft, timing chain (belt), timing gears, valve guides (diamond honed), three angle seats, cam, rod and main bearings, pistons, piston rings, rod bushings when applicable, gaskets and oil pump.
- The Pontiac cylinder blocks, cylinder heads, crankshafts and connecting rods are cleaned and shot peened and magnafluxed for cracks. All the Pontiac motor bolt holes are tapped.
- The Pontiac Cylinder blocks are bored to each piston and diamond honed to 18RMS finish. All oil galleys are hand brushed with white cleaning brushes and cylinders are hand cleaned with cleaning solution and white towels.
- Your Pontiac cylinder heads have each valve guide diamond honed, seats are three angle. Following assembly, your Pontiac motor heads are vacuum checked for valve seating.
- This Pontiac crankshafts are ground and polished to 12RMS. Each oil galley is hand brushed with a white cleaning brush.
- All connecting rods on the Pontiac block are honed.