Buying: After the Sale
by Kevin Schappell
Enjoy your car... that's simple huh? Well it's not really that simple. Here is a list of things to think about after the sale.
- Notify your insurance agent about the new car. Now would also be a good time to get a competitive insurance quote to make sure you are saving the most on auto insurance.
- Read the entire owners manual. Familiarize yourself with the service requirements. Understand when you need to change oil, filters, and other major things like timing belt and driveline fluids.
- Get used to operating the heating/AC controls and the radio so you do not have to fumble around and risk an accident while on the highway.
- Pop the hood and find the oil filler cap, the oil dipstick. If you bought a car with an automotive transmission there will be a dipstick for the transmission fluid also.
- Find the spare tire and jack. Make sure you know where to jack the car when changing a tire and how to remove the spare when you need it. There is nothing worse than getting a flat tire in a new car and having to struggle to change it the first time.
- Accessorize! It's your car and it should make a statement about you. There are plenty of aftermarket items to make your new car unique like yourself.
Kevin maintains http://www.autoeducation.com where he gives advice on car maintenance, buying, selling, insurance, and financing. A mechanical engineer and car guy, Kevin has decided to spend his online time helping others learn about automobiles.
The above article is provided for the interest and entertainment of our visitors. The views expressed in this article are only those of the author, who is solely responsible for the content. AutoGuide.net does not endorse any of these views, and is not to be held responsible for any of the content provided in the above article.
Click here to read Kevin's past articles!